British Film Club

zaccaria zaccaria at ictp.it
Wed Sep 30 10:53:25 CEST 2009

The British Film Club
Via dei Crociferi, 3
Trieste 34124

Dear Member,

We are delighted to be able to offer you yet another season of nine
films with the original English sound-track, to be shown at the Ariston
Cinema, Viale Romolo Gessi 14 (Buses 8, 9 & 15). Full details of our
programme for this year can be found on the back of this letter.

You can renew your membership, as usual, by kind permission of the
owners, at the Ufficio Centrale Viaggi, Piazza Unità 6, from Monday 12th
to Friday 30th of October 2009, at the following times: Mondays to
Fridays, from 10.00 to 12.00 am and from 4.00 to 6.00 pm. Remember that
this will save queueing at the Ariston Cinema.

We’re sorry, but escalating costs of hiring the films (they’ve doubled
in the last two years) have forced us to put up our subscription fee –
it will cost €25 for everybody– but we think it’s still incredibly good
value for money. It entitles you not only to see nine great feature
films at the Ariston, but also to borrow books, DVDs and videos free of
charge from our club-room in Via dei Crociferi 3 (ground floor).
For weekly conversations/discussions in English, our venue this year is
once again that most elegant room in Via Roma 9 (4th floor), courtesy of
the Federazione Italiana Tabaccai. Don’t forget that the British Film
Club also has its own website – www.britishfilmclub.it – which contains
more details of this year’s programme, and the full lists of our rich
collection of DVDs and videos.

The Annual General Meeting will be held in our venue for
conversations/discussions, in Via Roma 9 (4th floor), on Monday,
November 9th (see below). Please come along.

On behalf of the Committee
Judy Moss (President)

******************
Annual General Meeting

Monday, November 9th 2009, in Via Roma 9, 4th floor

1st convocation:- 5.00 pm
2nd convocation:- 6.00 pm

Agenda
a) Report of activity, 2008-2009
b) Financial report
c) All other business
************************
The British Film Club,Trieste

Programme 2009-2010

Wednesday, 11th November, 2009 EASY VIRTUE (Stephan Elliott)
Thursday, 12th November, 2009 with Jessica Biel, Colin Firth (96 mins)

Wednesday, 25th November, 2009 SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE(Sam Garbarski)
Thursday, 26th November, 2009 with Anil Kapoor, Dev Patel (120 mins)

Wednesday, 9th December, 2009 BRIDESHEAD REVISITED (Julian Jarrold)
Thursday, 10th December, 2009 with Emma Thompson, Greta Scacchi(135mins)

Wednesday, 13th January, 2010 THE BOAT THAT ROCKED (RichardCurtis)
Thursday, 14th January, 2010 with Bill Nighy, Rhys Ifans (135 mins)

Wednesday, 10th February, 2010 MAN ON WIRE (James Marsh)
Thursday, 11th February, 2010 with Ardis Campbell, David Demato (90 mins)

Wednesday, 24th February, 2010 CHERI (Stephen Frears)
Thursday, 25th February, 2010 with Michelle Pfeiffer, Kathy Bates (100
mins)

Wednesday, 10th March, 2010 ST.TRINIANS (Oliver Parker, B.Thompson)
Thursday, 11th March, 2010 with Rupert Everett, Colin Firth (97 mins)

Wednesday, 14th April, 2010 DORIAN GRAY (Oliver Parker)
Thursday, 15th April, 2010 with Ben Barnes, Colin Firth (112 mins)

Wednesday, 12th May, 2010 LOOKING FOR ERIC (Ken Loach)
Thursday, 13th May, 2010 with Eric Cantona, Steve Evets (119 mins)

Normal times of showings:- WEDNESDAYS:- 4.00, 6.00 & 8.00 pm
THURSDAYS:- 2.00, 4.00, 6.00, 8.00 & 10.00 pm
N.B.!! Any changes in times will be announced in advance at the previous
screenings.

The films will be shown at the Ariston Cinema, in Via Romolo Gessi, 14
(Buses 8, 9 and 15) Admission is for members only. Membership is open to
anyone aged 16 and over. We regret that children under 16 cannot be
admitted to any film. Our annual subscription fee is €25.

Wednesday evening discussions:- Members are very welcome to our
Wednesday evening encounters for discussions in English, which will be
held in Via Roma, 9 (4th floor) from 5.30 to 7.00 pm, beginning
Wednesday 18th November.

Borrowing DVDs, videos and books in English:- These are available from
Via dei Crociferi 3 (Ground Floor), and can be borrowed and returned
every Friday from 5.00 to 7.00pm, beginning Friday 20th November.