STAFF ONLY - 2007/0047 (Vacancy Notice - TWAS Administrative Clerk - 1064)
Staff, ICTP - Trieste
staff at ictp.trieste.it
Thu Jun 21 11:50:44 CEST 2007
Post title: Administrative Clerk - 1064
Organisational unit: The Academy of Sciences for the Developing World
(TWAS) c/o The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Duty station: Trieste, Italy
Post number: EU/VC/ITA/SC/1064
Closing date: 1 September 2007
Purpose of post: To assist the Finance and Administration Officer in
providing administrative and secretarial support to the Academy.
Main responsibilities: 1. Receive, review and distribute correspondence
related to administration; maintain tracking and filing systems for
correspondence and documents.
2. Receive and review incoming requests for procurement; ensure that
all certification and documentation is available; prepare purchase
order, obtain and confirm with the appropriate office that the goods
have been receive.
3. Assist staff and TWAS visitors in obtaining Visas, Permits of stay
and Security Clearance.
4. Maintain and update an inventory of all items belonging to TWAS and
its affiliated organizations.
5. Answer routine queries from suppliers as well as internal queries
related to administrative procedures.
6. Liaise and collaborate daily with relevant ICTP administration
8. Performing other related duties such as providing feedback, ad hoc
reports, procurement enquiries as requested by the Finance and
9. Performing any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
Profile: - Secondary school education.
- Four years of relevant experience in the field of Administration and
Procurements of goods, of which two years in an International
- Good knowledge of standard computer hardware and software
applications. Excellent knowledge of modern office skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Italian.
Conditions of employment: This is an extra-budgetary position of a
continuing nature but the duration of the appointment will be subject
to the availability of funds. For this post, the annual remuneration
will start at Euro 33.633 and is exempt from income tax. UN Pension
plan and medical insurance provided. The Director retains full
discretion to appoint the candidate at a lower level of the post.
How to apply: Candidates should use ICTP's online application system
which is accessible via ICTP's intranet site at
http://portal.ictp.it/vacancy. Candidates without access to the
Internet may send a paper application by completing the official UNESCO
CV form available at the Personnel Office, Abdus Salam International
Centre for Theoretical Physics, Strada Costiera, 11, 34014 Trieste,
Italy. E-mail: personnel_office at ictp.it, phone: +39-040-2240-595/596,
More information about the Ictpnews