STAFF ONLY - 2007/0045 (Vacancy Notice - TWAS Administrative Clerk - 1058)
Staff, ICTP - Trieste
staff at ictp.trieste.it
Thu Jun 21 11:47:41 CEST 2007
Post title: Administrative Clerk - 1058
Organisational unit: The Academy of Sciences for the Developing World
(TWAS) c/o The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Duty station: Trieste, Italy
Post number: EU/VC/ITA/SC/1058
Closing date: 1 September 2007
Purpose of post: To assist the TWAS Programme Officer in providing
administrative and secretarial support to the Fellowships and the
Associate Fellowships programmes.
Main responsibilities: 1. Develop and update a comprehensive database
for the programmes, including applications, awards, host institutions,
supervisors and alumni.
2. Organize meetings of committees for the evaluation of applications
and the awarding of fellowships. Inform applicants on the status of
their applications and if awarded, prepare draft award letters and
accompanying documents to be approved by supervisor.
3. Maintain regular contact with the awardees to ensure receipt of
regular progress reports about their work and final reports at the end
of their visits.
4. Maintain regular contacts with host institutions and organizations
supporting the programme to ensure the implementation of agreements and
contracts signed with TWAS.
5. Liaise with the TWAS finance office to ensure that existing
financial procedures are complied with.
6. Keep track of all financial commitments/expenditure related to the
8. Performing any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
Profile: - Secondary school education.
- Four years of relevant experience in the field of Fellowship and
Associate Fellowship programmes, of which two years in an International
- Good knowledge of standard computer hardware and software
applications. Excellent knowledge of modern office skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Italian.
Conditions of employment: This is an extra-budgetary position of a
continuing nature but the duration of the appointment will be subject
to the availability of funds. For this post, the annual remuneration
will start at Euro 33.633 and is exempt from income tax. UN Pension
plan and medical insurance provided. The Director retains full
discretion to appoint the candidate at a lower level of the post.
How to apply: Candidates should use ICTP's online application system
which is accessible via ICTP's intranet site at
http://portal.ictp.it/vacancy. Candidates without access to the
Internet may send a paper application by completing the official UNESCO
CV form available at the Personnel Office, Abdus Salam International
Centre for Theoretical Physics, Strada Costiera, 11, 34014 Trieste,
Italy. E-mail: personnel_office at ictp.it, phone: +39-040-2240-595/596,
More information about the Ictpnews