Invitation to the BAVISELA race, on Sunday, May 7th.

Carlo Fonda cfonda at ictp.it
Wed May 3 17:41:50 CEST 2006

Hi to everybody!
I'm trying to organize an ICTP group for participation to the

***   13th non-competitive race "BAVISELA"  ***
        on Sunday, May 7th. 2006 at 10:00AM

this race is a big and nice event for the city, there will be around
10'000 participants,
moving together (somebody running, somebody walking and chatting :)
from Miramare to Piazza Unita' in the centre of Trieste. A lot of
colors, music and nice people!
More information are available in their website (in italian and
english):

http://www.bavisela.it/

My idea is to make a group of people from ICTP, so to start together
the race in Miramare; then I imagine that somebody will decide to
run, while others like me will just walk, so probably we will split
in 2 sub-groups. After the arrival in Trieste there will be some food
provided by the organization and we can meet again.

The registration fee for the race is 8 Euros, you will then receive
the official T-shirt of the race and also some gifts from the
sponsors (usually a bottle of beverage, half kilo of spaghetti and a
small package of coffee... :). It is possible to register on web with
a credit card at this address:

http://www.bavisela.it/registration.phtml

or you can just contact me by email (cfonda at ictp.it) BEFORE FRIDAY
NOON, giving me all the information that are needed for the
registration (name, surname, gender, birth date, nationality, full
address), and I will contact you to collect the money and do the
registrations all together on friday.

The race start is Sunday at 10:00 SHARP (on the road near the lower
entrance of the Miramare park, i.e. the one towards Trieste), we will
meet together at 9:30 in front of the ICTP Main Building, distribute
T-shirts and gifts (that we can leave in the MB, to avoid to carry
heavy things with us) and move directly to the race starting point.
The race will end approximately at 11 - 12 (depending how fast you
run or walk! ;-).

Let's go and run together! :o))))

Carlo Fonda,
ICTP ARPL and SDU