SISSA CINECLUB

Fabio Nironi nironi at sissa.it
Fri Feb 10 12:30:03 CET 2006

DEAR ALL,

SISSA CINECLUB is back also this year! Free movie projections every week
- more or less- here in SISSA in room D. The cineclub is organized by
several people in SISSA: anybody interested in the organization, or who
wants to suggest a title is welcome. We will meet on tuesday 14 february
from 17.30 in room D to present the cineclub and to discuss about contents
and technical details. This year our main guideline is to show movies from
different regions of the world: basically from Asia, east Europe, south
America, and possibly also some indian and arabic/african movies. We have
a provisional list of titles but african and indian titles ar almost
completely missing at this time. Rules and criteria for the choice of
movies are quite simple: first of all we need good material from the point
of view of video quality, it means that a Divx must be at least a couple
of CD in size, and a DVD is better (we cannot play VHS's and similar
stuff); we prefer original language movies with english subtitles (no
subtitles at all is good the same cause we can easily find them, but
recall that subtitles in undesired languages are not trivial to remove).
We are trying to avoid commercial movies and to select good material even
from an artistic point of view. Obviously this is left to our fallacious
judgement and limited sensitivity.

see you on tuesday
fabio

any question to: