This afternoon: final OWSD 'Science Snack Break' screening

Infopoint infopoint at ictp.it
Thu Mar 7 10:27:46 CET 2024

Dear colleagues,

This afternoon (Thursday) is the fourth and final of our 'Science Snack
Break' short film screenings!

Please join us at 15:00 for a short film featuring neuropharmacologist
Priscilla Mante, who isexploring how traditional medicine can be blended
into neuroscience research for conditions such as epilepsy in Ghana.

Registration for the event is available at: bit.ly/SnackBreak4
<https://bit.ly/SnackBreak4>

As a reminder, OWSD is celebrating women in science from February 11,
International Day of Women and Girls in Science, through March 8,
International Women's Day,  with a series of four short online film
screenings. The *'Science Snack Break' *series**is designed to provide a
dose of entertainment and inspiration in a quick format that almost
anyone can squeeze into their day. Each of the four films, which were
produced under the OWSD Visions
<https://www.owsd.net/news/news-events/announcing-owsd-visions-video-series> project,
is between 5-6 minutes long and will be followed by a brief Q&A with the
film's director and protagonist and with filmmaker Nicole Leghissa, who
conceived and oversees OWSD Visions (you can find all of the previous
OWSD Visions films here
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFWQfy1-z-jWCLMkHFKIfUb_XEcyRbgss>).

We invite you to grab a snack or a coffee and join us for the film!

OWSD