Women in Science exhibit and event at ICTP

Infopoint infopoint at ictp.it
Fri Feb 10 09:51:01 CET 2023

Dear All,

It's Women in Science week at ICTP!

The United Nations' *International Day of Women and Girls in Science*
(IDWGS), celebrated every year on 11 February, is a reminder that women
and girls play a critical role in science and technology communities and
that their participation should be strengthened.

Every year for the past few years, ICTP joins forces with our colleagues
at the Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD)
to celebrate this important day and highlight its significance among our
scientific communities and visitors.

A poster exhibit has been set up in the main lobby of ICTP's Leonardo
Building, showcasing women scientists, data and testimonials from ICTP
and OWSD. An *interactive installation* has been placed on the
blackboard next the Budinich Lecture Hall, to collect thoughts and
testimonies from students, scientists and visitors, women and men alike.
All are welcome and encouraged to write a short note. You will find pens
and post-its nearby.

The celebrations will lead up to a final *today, Friday 10**^th
**February*, in the afternoon at ICTP, titled *"Where are the Women in
Science?"*.*
*

For more information please visit:
https://www.ictp.it/news/2023/2/promoting-gender-equality-science

You are invited and encouraged to join us for a panel discussion and
films showcasing the challenges and successes of women in science. The
event will take place in ICTP's Budinich Lecture Hall from 14:00 to
16:00. Light refreshments will be served afterwards.

Two short films created by ICTP and OWSD will be presented and screened
during the event to highlight and celebrate success stories from
outstanding women scientists around the world. A conversation will
follow, with panellists from ICTP and TWAS, as well as special guest
visitor, Behnaz Abbasgholi-Na, a researcher from Iran who has
participated in ICTP's Training and Research in Italian Laboratories
(TRIL) programme and is a postdoctoral fellow at Elettra. Questions from
the audience are welcome and the panel will focus on sharing actionable
solutions that increase women’s leadership, voices and representation in
science systems.

Please find attached the poster with the full programme.

Please feel free to print it off and post in your offices!

Remote participation is also possible, via the following ZOOM link
(registration required):
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMoc-iorD0pGNxuMd2YGmvQQcl6q-oFymqR

We look forward to your participation on this special occasion.

Best regards,

ICTP Public Information Office

and OWSD Communications team