LAST CHANCE to show your research at Maker Faire Trieste / Science Picnic

Infopoint infopoint at ictp.it
Wed Aug 16 17:02:28 CEST 2023

Dear researchers, students and fellows of the ICTP community (and other
institutions too!),

This is a ”last minute” invitation for all of you to participate to
Maker Faire Trieste 2023. It will be co-organised by ICTP and Comune di
Trieste in the weekend of September 2-3 in Piazza Unità.
Past years’ editions of our free and open event have attracted many
thousands of visitors of all ages and this upcoming 10th edition will be
a unique opportunity for all active and passionate scientists to
showcase their contribution to the society at large through their
research activities.
Researchers, postdocs, students will be able to explain their scientific
activities by performing demos, organising exhibits or workshops. We
suggest to make your contribution as interactive as possible, and
appealing to the general public, by avoiding slide presentations /
posters / technical talks, and proposing workshops, demo and hands-on
scientific exhibits: the Maker Faire has always been an event based on
interactivity and -like in the past years- a relevant part of the
program aims to inspire the new generation to discover science having
fun, with the popular format of the "Science Picnic”.
All info and application form for participation are available on the
official website: https://trieste.makerfaire.com/en/call-makers/ (the
deadline is over but we are extending the submission for a few more days).
Our SciFabLab will be happy to assist you in the creation of interactive
exhibits/demo about your research, for any info write to cfonda at ictp.it
Lastly, we also need volunteers to assist during the event.

Thank you for your consideration,
Let’s celebrate this 10th anniversary together

Enrique and Carlo
https://trieste.makerfaire.com/