REMINDER: Astronauts for a Day

Infopoint infopoint at ictp.it
Mon Aug 7 14:14:14 CEST 2023

What happens if we travel too far from Earth during a voyage into space?
In "Astronauts for a Day" children will prepare for a venture into space
by building a small spaceship (mostly from recycled materials) that will
protect them during the journey, while learning about some basic
astrophysics concepts.

We are pleased to invite all the children of the ICTP community,
*between 8 and 11 years old*, to participate in the 'Astronauts for a
Day' workshop that will take place next *Thursday, 10 August, from 15:00
- 16:30 at the SciFabLab *(Enrico Fermi building).

The workshop will be led by Sara Anzuinelli, a communications intern in
the Public Information Unit. Sara has a bachelor's degree in
Astrophysics from the University of Milano-Bicocca and is completing a
master's in Science Communication at SISSA. As part of her master's
thesis, Sara is developing science workshops for children, and we would
love for ICTP's children to also participate in this experience.

The maximum number of participants is 15 children, so please confirm the
participation of your children, grandchildren, nephews, nieces and/or
little friends as soon as possible by replying to this email (pio at ictp.it).

We take the opportunity to kindly ask you all for your collaboration by
providing us with plastic bottles and empty rolls of toilet paper or
paper towels, which will be very useful for the workshop. You can drop
off your contributions at the PIO office (LB140, near the library).

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any inquires or need further
details about the activity.

Kind regards,

--

Public Information Unit

*The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)*

Strada Costiera, 11

34151 Trieste, Italy

www.ictp.it <//www.ictp.it>