Invitation for ICTP scientists and community to join the Makerfaire

Infopoint infopoint at ictp.it
Wed Jul 20 16:14:46 CEST 2022

Dear ICTP scientists, colleagues and friends

The ICTP, in collaboration with the Municipality of Trieste and
Immaginario Scientifico and with additional funding from Regione FVG, is
organising the 9th edition of the Maker Faire Trieste. The event will
take place in Piazza Unità d’Italia on Saturday 3rd (opening time:
14:00-21:00) and Sunday 4th of September (opening time: 10:00-19:00).

Our main objective is for makers and scientist alike to showcase their
creations and research to the public, during two days packed with
activities.
One special area, named “Science Picnic”, will be specially devoted to
science popularisation and outreach, with a programme of hands-on
activities and demos for kids, young people and adults.

We think that this is a great occasion for ICTP scientists and fellows
to meet the large public of Trieste and -together with colleagues from
other scientific institutions- to present their activities in a festive,
interactive and fascinating environment. We invite you all to register
your participation as exhibitor on the event website at:
http://trieste.makerfaire.com , or to contact us for further details and
assistance.

Enrique Canessa and Carlo Fonda
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) Unit - ICTP Scientific FabLab -
Maker Faire Trieste
ph. 040 2240317 - cfonda at ictp.it
===