Invitation - Launch of IAP webinar report on Countering Vaccine Hesitancy on Tuesday 26 April, 11:00 AM UTC

ICTP/infopoint - Emili Sabina infopoint at ictp.it
Fri Apr 22 08:25:49 CEST 2022

Dear colleagues,

Join us for the *launch of IAP webinar report on Countering Vaccine
Hesitancy *on *_Tuesday 26 April, 11:00 AM UTC_ (13:00 pm CEST)
*

We encourage *academy leaders* and *Fellows*, along with their
*communications teams*, *representatives of other scientific
organizations, scientists*and the*press *to participate in this online
event designed to assist academies with outreach and address concerns
from the global public on thistopical issue.

*To join the event, please register in advance at **THIS LINK*
<https://unesco-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3KWy_-YGTlC_Plu3ny27Jg>.

We hope to see many of you at this webinar!

With best regards,

IAP Secretariat

…………………………………………………..

*Speakers: *

*Welcome remarks by IAP Co-Presidents *

*Prof. Richard Catlow
<https://www.interacademies.org/person/richard-catlow> and Prof. Depei
Liu <https://www.interacademies.org/person/depei-liu>*

*‘Building trust in vaccines and their regulation’*

*Prof. Toni Gabaldón*
<https://www.interacademies.org/person/toni-gabaldon>*, *Professor,
Comparative Genomics Group Barcelona Supercomputing Centre (BSC-CNS),
and Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB), Spain;Member, Member,
IAP COVID Expert Group; Alumnus, Spanish Young Academy

*‘Dealing with mis- and dis-information in the COVID era’*

*Prof. Herman Wasserman*
<https://www.interacademies.org/person/herman-wasserman>*, *Professor of
Media Studies, Centre for Film and Media Studies, South Africa;
University of Cape Town; Member, Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf)

*‘A vaccine curriculum for school children’*

*Dr. Carol O’Donnell, Director,****Smithsonian Science Education Center*
(*SSEC)* <https://ssec.si.edu/>**