Maker Faire Trieste 2021

ICTP/infopoint - Emili Sabina infopoint at ictp.it
Tue Aug 17 11:40:12 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues and friends,
ICTP, in collaboration with the Trieste municipality, will organise -on
Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 September- the 8th edition of the Trieste
Maker Faire.
This renowned event will take place once again in the main city square,
piazza Unità d'Italia, and will be the occasion for makers and scientist
alike to showcase their creations and research to the public, during two
half-days (opening time: 2pm - 9 pm) packed with activities.
One area, the “Science Picnic”, will be devoted to science outreach
where hands-on activities and demos will be appreciated by adults and kids.
while the “Space village" will focus on space science and technology, in
preparation for the NASA Space Apps Challenge (hackathon) of October 3-4.
We hope this will be an occasion for ICTP scientists and fellows,
together with many colleagues from the other scientific institutions of
Trieste,
to present their work to the public in a festive
and fascinating environment, and we renew our invite to contact us for
details on the participation.

Enrique Canessa and Carlo Fonda
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) Unit - ICTP Scientific FabLab -
Maker Faire Trieste
ph. 040 2240317 - cfonda at ictp.it <mailto:cfonda at ictp.it>