Invitation International Day for Women and Girls in Science

Infopoint infopoint at ictp.it
Mon Feb 10 15:21:20 CET 2020

Dear members of the ICTP community,

Tomorrow 11th February is the International Day of Women and Girls in
science.

Globally, female students’ enrollment is particularly low in many of the
ICTP discipline areas:

ICT (3%), natural science, mathematics and statistics (5%) and in
engineering, manufacturing and construction (8%).

In Italy, only 8% of physics professors are women.

Did you know that the *Organization for Women in Science for the
Developing World (OWSD)* is hosted on the ICTP campus?

We exist to support women scientists from developing countries to
achieve PhDs - and advanced research - in all STEM subjects - and we
especially encourage applications in maths, physics, ICT and engineering.

Tomorrow (11th February) we are holding an *Open Day* (10:30 to 4:30) at
the Adriatico Guest House on the 7th floor.

Please come and find us and ask us any questions.

If you prefer to make an appointment please write to owsd at owsd.net
<mailto:owsd at owsd.net>

To find out more about our programmes watch this video
<https://youtu.be/zlrHD_QS4I8>

Or visit our website www.owsd.net <https://owsd.net/>

Also, we will be repeating for the second year the #IAdmire social media
campaign that we started last year; we are asking people (men and
women!) to use the hashtag to tell us about a woman scientist that had
an impact on them -- please see the flyer attached.

We look forward to working with you!

Best wishes from the OWSD team.

--
OWSD Secretariat
Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World
Email:owsd at owsd.net
www.owsd.net