20/03 11 am - GRAVITY - Free of charge - in English - American Corner Trieste

Infopoint infopoint at ictp.it
Mon Mar 19 09:38:28 CET 2018

At American Corner Trieste, Piazza Sant'Antonio, 6, Trieste, March is
Women's History Month.  Our Theme is WOMEN in SPACE.  Conferences,
Films, Readings.  To date 60 women have been in space and thousands of
women have worked behind the scenes to guarantee the success of the
space missions.  All activities are FREE of CHARGE and in ENGLISH.

In 1987, the US Congress designated the month of March to recognize and
celebrate women's often overlooked accomplishments.

WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH

Participate in our March events with the theme: Women in Space.*Take a
selfie in a space helmet in front of our Space Wall. *

This Week:

20/03 – 11 am - GRAVITY - Film 2013 – 1 hr 30 min. Drama, Sci-Fi
Two astronauts work together to survive after an accident leaves them
stranded in space.

Coming Up in the Women in Space Theme:

27/03 - 10 am - Short Story Club – Why Women Weren’t Allowed to be
Astronauts – The Atlantic, March 2017.

Sincerely,

Denise Tecchio

American Corner Trieste

cell - personal number - 328 88 46 049

--
Associazione Italo Americana FVG / American Corner Trieste
Piazza S. Antonio Nuovo, 6