Starting shortly (4.30pm): ICTP Colloquium by Prof. Francesco Maggi: "Isoperimetric Theorems, Open Problems and New Results"

Infopoint info_pt at ictp.it
Wed Feb 22 15:48:16 CET 2017

Dear All,

ICTP is pleased to announce that the ICTP Colloquium by Prof. Francesco
Maggi " Isoperimetric Theorems, Open Problems and New Results" will start shortly,  at 16:30 hrs, in the Budinich
Lecture Hall, Leonardo Building, ICTP.

Francesco Maggi, Research Scientist at ICTP, works on variational
problems and partial differential equations motivated by geometry and
physics. He is contributing, in particular, to the development of a
quantitative stability theory for geometric/functional inequalities, and
for geometric rigidity theorems, as well as to the applications of this
theory to minimization problems arising in capillarity theory and
statistical mechanics, and to the asymptotic behavior of geometric flows
and other diffusive partial differential equations.

ABSTRACT: I will review several isoperimetric theorems, pointing out
some (more or less well-known) open problems. I then introduce some key
results in the theory of quantitative isoperimetry. The necessary
mathematical background should be minimal.

The abstract of the talk is available at: http://indico.ictp.it/event/8063/

The Colloquium will be livestreamed at http://video.ictp.it/livestream

The poster is attached.

Light refreshments will be served after the lecture.

You are all very warmly invited to attend.

Best regards,

Fernando Quevedo