Today: Invitation to the special seminars "Rosetta: Light on our Origins"

Infopoint info_pt at ictp.it
Mon Oct 12 09:03:50 CEST 2015

* Invitation to the special seminars "Rosetta: Light on our Origins"*

After a ten-year interplanetary journey, the ESA Rosetta spacecraft has
performed the most detailed observations of one of the oldest building
blocks of our Solar System, the comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. The
main results of these unique observations will be presented to the
scientific community of the Trieste area in the form of three special
seminars.

Two seminars will be delivered on October 12, 14:30, at the ICTP
Adriatico Guesthouse (Via Grignano 9, Trieste),  Kastler Lecture Hall.
The third seminar is scheduled on October 13, 11:30, at INAF - Trieste
Astronomical Observatory (Via Bazzoni 2, Trieste).

The seminars are organized by INAF-Trieste Astronomical Observatory in
collaboration with the International Centre for Theoretical Physics, the
Italian Astrobiology Society, and the Science Centre Immaginario
Scientifico.

A conference on the Rosetta mission oriented to the general public will
be held on October 12, 18:00, at Museo Revoltella (Via Diaz 27,
Trieste). The public conference is organized in collaboration with the
City of Trieste and will be held in Italian.

Below you can find a program of all these events.
For more information please visit the web page
https://www.ict.inaf.it/indico/event/180/

You are cordially invited to participate !

Giovanni Vladilo

Program of "Rosetta: Light on our origins"

October 12, 2015 - Kastler Lecture Hall, ICTP Adriatico Guesthouse, Via
Grignano 9, Trieste
14:30 Welcome address
14:45 Fabrizio Capaccioni (INAF-IAPS)
       "The nucleus and coma of 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko from
VIRTIS/Rosetta"
15:30 Kathrin Altwegg (Center for Space and Habitability, Univ. of Bern,
CH)
       "The zoo of organics in 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko from
ROSINA/Rosetta"

16:30 Cocktail offered by ICTP

October 12, 2015 - Museo Revoltella, Via Armando Diaz, 27, Trieste
18:00 Public Conference chaired by Fabio Pagan: "Una cometa presa per la
coda"
       Fabrizio Capaccioni (INAF-IAPS): "La missione Rosetta/Phylae"
       Marco Fulle (INAF-OATs): "Molecole organiche sulla
Churyumov-Gerasimenko"

October 13, 2015 - INAF-Trieste Astronomical Observatory, Villa Bazzoni,
Via Bazzoni 2, Trieste
11:30 Kathrin Altwegg (Center for Space and Habitability, Univ. of Bern,
CH)
   "Living with a comet: highlights from the ROSINA instruments on the
European Rosetta mission"

Giovanni Vladilo
INAF - Osservatorio Astronomico di Trieste
& Univ. of Trieste - Dept. of Physics
vladilo at oats.inaf.it <mailto:vladilo at oats.inaf.it>

Zina Makkawi (Ms)
Scientific Programmes Office