The British Film Club,Trieste,Programme 2015-2016

Infopoint info_pt at ictp.it
Wed Oct 7 15:44:27 CEST 2015

The British Film Club
Via dei Crociferi, 3
Trieste 34124

Dear ICTP People,

Here we are again with yet another season of nine films with the
original English sound-track, to be shown at the Ariston Cinema, Viale
Romolo Gessi 14 (Buses 8, 9 & 15). Full details of our programme for
this year can be found below and on our lovely posters.

Just like last year, by kind permission of the owners, membership cards
will be available at the Alpha Studio Travel Agency, in Via San Nicolò
19 (first floor – above the Swatch shop, opposite the Bar Ferrari), from
Monday 5th to Friday 30th of October 2015, at the following times:
Mondays to Fridays, from 10.00 to 12.00 am and from 4.00 to 6.00 pm.
Remember - this will save queueing at the Ariston Cinema.

In these still difficult times, our annual subscription fee is still
only €25 for everybody– excellent value for money. That entitles you to
see nine feature films at the Ariston, and also to borrow books and
choose from a great collection of DVDs (including the best of British
TV) free of charge from our club-room in Via dei Crociferi 3 (ground
floor).

For weekly conversations/discussions in English, our venue this year is
once again that most elegant room in Piazza Sant’Antonio Nuovo, 6/A (2nd
floor), courtesy of the Associazione Italo-Americana. The British Film
Club also has its own website – www.britishfilmclubtrieste.it (under
construction)– which contains more details of this year’s programme, and
the full lists of our rich collection of DVDs and videos.

Hope to see you soon!
Judy Moss

(President of the British Film Club)

The British Film Club,Trieste
Programme 2015-2016

Wednesday, 11th November, 2015 THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING (James Marsh)
Thursday, 12th November, 2015 with Eddie Redmayne, Felicity Jones (123 mins)

Wednesday, 25th November, 2015 CINDERELLA (Kenneth Branagh)
Thursday, 26th November, 2015 with Lily James, Cate Blanchett (122 mins)

Wednesday, 9th December, 2015 A LITTLE CHAOS (Alan Rickman)
Thursday, 10th December, 2015 with Kate Winslet, Matthias Schoenaerts
(112 mins)

Wednesday, 13th January, 2016 SECOND BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL
Thursday, 14th January, 2016 with Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Richard Gere
(122 mins)

Wednesday, 3th February, 2016 KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE (M.Vaughn)
Thursday, 4th February, 2016 with Colin Firth, Taron Egerton (129 mins)

Wednesday, 17th February, 2016 EVEREST (Baltasar Kormakur)
Thursday, 18th February, 2016 with Jake Gyllenhall, Keira Knightley (121
mins)

Wednesday, 9th March, 2016 WOMAN IN GOLD (Simon Curtis)
Thursday, 10th March, 2016 with Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds (109 mins)

Wednesday, 13th April, 2016 MR. HOLMES (Bill Condon)
Thursday, 14th April, 2016 with Ian McKellen, Laura Linney (104 mins)

Wednesday, 4th May, 2016 MACBETH (Justin Kurzel)
Thursday, 5th May, 2016 with Michael Fassbaender, Marion Cotillard(113 mins)
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Note new times of showings:- WEDNESDAYS:- 3.00, 5.00, 7.00 & 9.00pm
THURSDAYS:- 2.00, 4.00, 6.00 & 8.00pm
N.B.!! Any changes in times will be announced at preceding screenings.

Admission to the screenings is for members only. Membership is open to
anyone aged 16 and over. We regret that children under 16 cannot be
admitted to any film. Our annual subscription fee is €25.

Wednesday discussions:- Members are very welcome to our discussions in
English, which will be held in Piazza Sant’Antonio, 6 (AIA offices) from
6.00 to 7.00pm, beginning Wednesday 18th November, 2015.

Borrowing DVDs and books in English:- Available from Via dei Crociferi 3
(Ground Floor), these can be borrowed and returned every Tuesday from
4.00 to 6.00pm, and every Friday from 5.00 to 7.00pm, beginning Friday
6th November, 2015.