TWAS at Trieste Next

Infopoint info_pt at ictp.it
Fri Sep 19 12:35:53 CEST 2014

TWAS at TRIESTE NEXT: Zero-impact energy

Dear Colleagues and Friends,
as you know, Trieste Next 2014 edition
- EnergETHIC-
is quickly approaching.

We are pleased to invite you at the event
that TWAS has organized this year:

"Zero-impact energy"

Friday 26 September 2014
at 17:00 p.m.
Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori - via
Filzi, 14 - Trieste

The "Zero-impact" idea behind our initiative was
to avoid impacting heavily on the environment
through airplane flights (hence fuel consumption and CO2 production).

Therefore,
we have opted for virtually bringing to Trieste two scientists:

Myriam Amezcua Allieri from Mexico
and Bao Xinhe from China.
Through a live video conference, they will explain what are the
local energETHIC policies,
what are the problems/solutions when it comes to deal with energy
requests in their countries,
and what is their specific field of investigation.

The conversation will include Carlos Meza-Benavides, an engineer from
Costa Rica, who is present on stage.
Journalist Alessandra Ressa will chair the event.

Among the topics: biofuels and bioremediation,
oil companies and their impact on the environment,
photovoltaic and more.

You are most welcome to attend.

Cristina Serra
TWAS Public Information Office