Today at Teatro Miela film in English on Environmental Matters - free entrance

Johannes Grassberger johannes at ictp.it
Tue Nov 19 16:45:41 CET 2013

In the framework of the UNESCO Week for Education on Sustainable
Development (18-24 November 2013)

Today at Teatro Miela 2 recent films in original version (English) at
18:30 and 20:30
FREE entrance

*TRASHED *by Candida Brady, UK, 2013, 97'
This film looks at the risks to the food chain and the environment
through pollution of our air, land, and sea by waste. It reveals
surprising truths about very immediate and potent dangers to our health.
It is a global conversation from Iceland to Indonesia between the film
star Jeremy Irons and scientists, politicians, and ordinary individuals
whose health and livelihoods have been fundamentally affected by waste
pollution. Visually and emotionally the film is both horrific and
beautiful: an interplay of human interest and political wake-up call.

*CHASING ICE *by Jeff Orlowski, USA 2012, 75'
Chasing Ice is a feature documentary about one man's mission to change
the tide of history by gathering undeniable evidence of our changing
planet.  Within months of that first trip to Iceland, Balog conceived
the boldest expedition of his life: The Extreme Ice Survey.  With a band
of young adventurers in tow, Balog began deploying revolutionary
time-lapse cameras across the brutal Arctic, by helicopter, canoe, and
dogsled, to capture a multi-year record of the world's changing glaciers.

>> *oggi*, dalle 18.30
>> Teatro Miela
>>
>> "I Paesaggi della Bellezza: dalla valorizzazione alla creatività"
>> della Settimana UNESCO di Educazione allo Sviluppo Sostenibile 2013
>>
>> ore 18.30:
>> *TRASHED*
>> di Candida Brady
>> Gran Bretagna, 2013, col. 97'; versione originale sott. it.
>> La prima sequenza del documentario si apre con Jeremy Irons, Premio
>> Oscar, seduto sulla spiaggia vicino a Sidone in Libano: alle sue
>> spalle montagne di rifiuti. Trashed, il film documentario diretto
>> dalla giovane Candida Brady, ci porta attraverso tutti i continenti
>> del Pianeta Terra per mostrarci l'inesorabile decadenza dell'ecosistema.
>> Il documentario è stato presentato in concorso a Cannes nel 2012.
>>

>> A seguire incontro con ospiti moderato da La Cappella Underground e
>> Arpa LaRea FVG
>>
>> ore 20.30:
>> *CHASING ICE*
>> di Jeff Orlowski
>> Stati Uniti, 2012 col. 75'; versione originale sott. it.
>> Chasing Ice racconta la missione di un uomo per cambiare il corso
>> della storia, raccogliendo prove innegabili del cambiamento climatico
>> della terra. Nei mesi del primo viaggio in Islanda, il fotografo
>> realizza la più audace spedizione della sua vita: The Extreme Ice
>> Survey. Insieme ad un gruppo di giovani avventurieri, Balog disloca
>> delle telecamere per poter registrare in time-lapse il cambiamento
>> dei ghiacciai.Il film è stato premiato al Sundace FilmFestival edizione
>> 2012 con il premio Excellence in Cinematography Award.
>>
>> organizzazione: Mediateca de La Cappella Underground, con il sostegno
>> di Arpa LaRea FVG
>>
>> Ingresso libero

see also

see also: http://www.lacappellaunderground.org/?p=1751