Saturday 31/8: Tour by coach to Aquileia & Grado

Infopoint info_pt at ictp.it
Thu Aug 29 11:42:11 CEST 2013

We are pleased to inform you that the next tour by coach to

AQUILEIA & GRADO  will take place on SATURDAY, 31st August.
 - Euro 22/person

The MEETING POINT with our English-speaking guide at the coach is at
13.50, near bus stop 6 in Grignano (seaside). Departure is at 14.00 sharp
and return at 20.00.

You may obtain all the necessary information and buy your tickets at the
Info Point counter, Leonardo building, Mon-Fri. 8.30 - 16.48 (ext. 591 or
219)& Sat. 8.30 - 12.30.

Aquileia is a UNESCO heritage site and one of the most interesting
locations in the Region, an ancient marshland settlement, with a 700-year
Roman period dating back to 181 B.C. There are old Roman mosaics and old
Roman ruins spread out in an interesting and wide landscape. We shall also
visit either the museum or the basilica.
Right after, we shall go to neighbouring Grado, a small and elegant
seaside town, in the past a popular Austrian holiday resort with old
Austrian buildings. It has many historical connections with Venice and
Aquileia and sandy beaches.
Wear sneakers or good walking sandals/shoes for Aquileia, take a cap and
some water along. In Grado, if the weather is hot and if you are
interested, take a towel and bathing suit for a quick dip along the beach
there.
For info: http://www.turismofvg.it/
Snacks/drinks in Grado at own cost.

Enjoy your trip!