Welcome Ceremony by the City of Trieste on Wednesday 17th April at 17.00

Infopoint info_pt at ictp.it
Thu Apr 11 16:53:08 CEST 2013

Welcome Ceremony by the City of Trieste on Wednesday 17th April at 17.00

Last year, the Comune of Trieste started to organize ceremonies to
formally welcome foreign students to the City of Science and to express
appreciation to them for having decided to come to Trieste. Last autumn,
the ICTP Diploma students were invited to one such event.

We have now the pleasure of extending to ICTP's newcomers, scientists,
post-docs and other interested staff who are not from Trieste,
a formal invitation to take part in a Welcome Ceremony in the Town Hall
next Wednesday.

The participants will be met by several Municipal Authorities in the main
hall of the Municipality. A brief welcome speech will be given by the
Deputy Mayor. Right after, the participants will be accompanied to visit
two museums.

The Ceremony will take place on Wednesday, 17th April at 17.00 hrs
at the Town Hall at the Piazza Unita', the main entrance.

Those interested are requested to email their names as soon as possible to:

info_pt at ictp.it

We wish to remind those who sign up that this should be considered a
binding commitment as they will be representing the
ICTP on the occasion and the Comune is making its preparations based on
the number of persons signing up.

Best regards,
Dag Harald Johannessen