2010 Ramanujan Prize Ceremony on Tuesday 10 May at 16.00

Info Point info_pt at ictp.it
Mon May 9 14:06:15 CEST 2011

*2010 Ramanujan Prize Ceremony
in honour of Professor Yuguang Shi
*

Professor Fernando Quevedo
Director of the ICTP

has the pleasure of inviting you to the

2010 Ramanujan Prize Ceremony on

*Tuesday, 10 May 2011*

at 16:00

in the Main Lecture Hall of the Leonardo Building

***

*Programme*

Welcome remarks by Professor Fernando Quevedo
Director of the ICTP

Remarks by Mr. Manuel de Leon
IMU Executive Committee

Introduction of the Prize Winner by
Dr. Claudio Arezzo, ICTP Research Scientist

Presentation of the Ramanujan Prize to
Professor Yuguang Shi

Ramanujan Prize Lecture by Yuguang Shi

"Some Geometry Problems Related to General Relativity"

*Abstract*: "Quasi-local mass" and "asymptotically hyperbolic manifold"
are important notions in General Relativity. These are also interesting
objects of study in differential geometry.In the first part of this
talk, I will discuss the positivity of quasi-local mass which has a deep
connection to the rigidity of a compact manifold with nonempty boundary
and non-negative scalar curvature. In the second part, I will focus on
the geometry of asymptotically hyperbolic manifolds. The intrinsic
definition of asymptotically hyperbolic manifolds and the rigidity
theorem of hyperbolic space will be discussed in this part.This talk is
based on my research work of recent years.