Reminder: Panoramic Guided Tour on Saturday 22 May 2010

Info Point info_pt at ictp.it
Thu May 20 12:23:40 CEST 2010

*_
_*

*_Reminder: FOR ICTP VISITORS AND FAMILIES
_*

*_
SATURDAY 22 May 2010: _*

*_Special Guided Tour of Trieste and Surroundings by coach with an
English- speaking guide_*

*_ _*

*Please note that the deadline for booking your seat is on Friday at 14:00
*

*
Programme:*

*Meeting Point with our guide and coach at 13:45 in Grignano (near bus
stop 36).*

*Return time at around 20:00 hrs.*

*-        You will visit the beautiful /Duino Castle/ *that was built in
the 14th century on high cliffs overlooking the Gulf of Trieste and
surrounded by a beautiful park. The castle is still the home of the
Prince della Torre e Tasso and has hosted many famous visitors and
artists through the centuries.

*-        The tour will continue to /Monrupino where you will have a
panoramic view of the Carso area, Basovizza, Val Rosandra and the
Industrial Area/ of Trieste.*

*-      The next stop is /Muggia/, *a lovely Istrian-Venetian town close
to the border with Slovenia. You will explore its "calli", narrow,
picturesque streets flanked by old buildings, admire the main square,
Piazza Marconi, visit the Cathedral and stop for snacks/refreshments.

*-        We will take you to /Trieste to visit its main historical
sites/: Piazza Unità, the **San Giusto Castle *(Saint Just) built
between 1470 and 1630, the Cathedral with its beautiful mosaics and
nearby *the remains of the ancient Roman city* dating back to the first
and second century.

*-        The tour will end at around 20:00. *Our bus will take you back
to Grignano but you may also choose to come back on your own and spend
some* more time in Trieste.*

*The discounted contribution requested for the tour is only 11,50
euro/head. * This includes transportation, guide and the entrance ticket
to the Duino Castle.

* *

*Come to the Info Point, Leonardo Building*, and sign up as soon as
possible as it is on a first-come, first-served basis (only 53 seats
available on the bus).

Please wear very comfortable shoes/sneakers. Check the weather forecast
and take an umbrella if it rains.

Info Point

ext.433

Web site:  http://infopoint.ictp.it/