URGENT: Visitors affected by the air traffic suspension

Info Point info_pt at ictp.it
Tue Apr 20 09:37:36 CEST 2010

URGENT: VISITORS AFFECTED BY THE AIR TRAFFIC SUSPENSION

Due to the  suspension of flights caused by the volcanic eruptions in
Iceland, this is to kindly
ask all ICTP visitors whose scheduled departures from
Italy are being postponed and whose
Visas either have already expired or will be expiring in the next few
days, to
kindly address an e-mail message to "visa at ictp.it" with the subject
"VOLCANO CLOUD".  In the message they should kindly indicate:

NAME, SURNAME,  AS ON PASSPORT
DATE OF BIRTH
NATIONALITY

This will allow the Visa Office to address an official communication to
the Italian Immigration Dept. who, in case of need, will intervene with
the border police authorities.

According to the information received, so far no specific
instructions have been issued by the Italian or European
Authorities on the Visas. Therefore, in principle these days,
travellers with  expired visas
should not have problems, as we are facing a case
of force majeure.

However, we strongly recommend all travellers to kindly keep
ready, in case of police controls, evidence of their unused return
tickets/reservations, their new tickets/reservations   and travel
documents.

In the meantime, we are monitoring the situation and should there be
further relevant developments on this issue,  those affected
will be personally informed.

Thank you.

Erich Jost/Adriano Maggi
--
Visa and Passport Information Office
International Centre for Theoretical Physics - ICTP

Tel: +39.040.2240 566/588/509
Fax: +39.040.224650
E-mail: visa at ictp.it
http://www.ictp.it/