Medical - Flu

Medical Chiandotto medical at ictp.it
Thu Oct 1 11:27:14 CEST 2009

This year there has been a lot of talk about the possibility of a
Pandemy due to the addition of two strains of flu: the one that usually
appears in our hemisphere during winter time and the one that has
appeared for first the time in South America, now called A/H1N1.

The ICTP Medical Service will organize their fall campaign of
vaccination against the flu.
Health authorities are still waiting for indications from the experts
whether to propose 2 or 1 vaccine. This will be clear within the first
days of October, and it will be our care to inform you as soon as possible.

We take this occasion to remind you of some important sanitary advices:
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing and then discard the handkerchief
- Wash frequently your hands with soap and water
- If you notice the usual symptoms of flu please keep at least one meter
distance from others, and avoid places like working environments,
schools or crowded spaces.

Mara Chiandotto
Senior Nurse
ictp Medical Service