Message from Professor Sreenivasan

ICTP Info Point info_pt at ictp.it
Fri May 2 12:01:35 CEST 2008

To: All ICTP Community
From: K.R. Sreenivasan, Director
Re: Associates Programme

Recently, Professor Ramadas Ramakrishnan of the Mathematics Section has
assumed an additional responsibility in the Associates Office. In
particular, since the UNESCO rules require that only UNESCO employees
can formally supervise other UNESCO employees, he will be the formal
supervisor of the clerical staff in the Associates Office. This task
was previously performed by Mr. Dag Johannessen.

I have heard recently that this new arrangement has created some
confusion in the minds of a few people locally about Professor
Ghirardi's involvement with the Associates Office. I wish to make it
clear that he remains the Head of the Programme, and the office will
function, as it has in the past, under his overall supervision. It
should also be stressed that neither his role nor that of Professor
Maria Peressi have altered in any way.

If there are any unfounded questions on this matter, they should be
addressed to me directly instead of sharing them with Professor
Ghirardi.

Anne Gatti
Director's Office
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Strada Costiera 11
I-34100 Trieste
Italy
Tel:  +39 040 2240251