Open Day meeting tomorrow Wed. 6 August

ICTP Info Point info_pt at ictp.it
Tue Aug 5 15:39:40 CEST 2008

*/TO ALL ICTP SCIENTISTS, STAFF AND CONSULTANTS/*

OPEN DAY 20 SEPTEMBER: UPDATE PROGRAMME AND CALL FOR ASSISTANCE

*Status meeting tomorrow,  Wednesday 6 August, at 11 am,  in room C,
Leonardo Building*
The preparations for the Open Day have been ongoing for some months, and
the final program is about to be drawn up. We have contributions from
our scientists and will be having interesting talks, interventions and
scientific stands as usual. We have some new experiments under
preparation by the scientists and have also received several good
proposals from staff for the activities for the day. A Children's Corner
with a great program for the kids has been prepared by a volunteer; the
Fund for Hunger will be present (and is also calling upon your help) and
we are gradually obtaining a bit of sponsorship.

Now the time has come to call upon Staff for signing up as volunteers.
As for the last two Open Days, we need assistance in many areas: for
reception and registration of visitors, information giving, distribution
of gadgets, guiding the groups, guiding on the parking place, shuttle
transportation etc., etc.

Please come to the information meeting on tomorrow 6/8 for an update on
the programme, and for further information on the assistance needed.
In case you cannot attend the meeting, please make contact with Cinzia
Giancovich - ext 591- or Leo de Pol - ext. 504 - regarding info and our
availability and preferences as a volunteer.

I look forward to meeting all of you on tomorrow and thank you in
advance for
your kind cooperation.

Dag Harald Johannessen
Director Administration