39th Annual General Meeting of the European Brain and Behaviour Society

ICTP info point info_pt at ictp.it
Thu Sep 6 12:34:32 CEST 2007

The participants to the 39th Annual General Meeting of the
European Brain and Behaviour Society
with the contribution of the
Interdisciplinary Laboratory of SISSA
warmly invite scientists from the University, ICGEB, ICTP, SISSA and
anybody interested in the brain, to attend the opening of their meeting
Saturday Sept 15, at 19:00 at Stazione Marittima

19:16 sharp 	Sunset and welcome
19:20 	    Salute by Prof Giorgio Innocenti, president of EBBS
19:25	  introduction by Prof Vincent Torre, Int. Lab.director
19:30 	Public lecture by Prof Susumu Tonegawa, MIT
1987 	Nobel prize in Physiology and Medicine, on
”Molecular and circuit mechanisms for hippocampal memory”

We study molecular, cellular, and neuronal circuit mechanisms
underlying acquisition, consolidation and retrieval of
hippocampus-dependent memory in rodents. Our primary approach is to
generate cell type and adult-restricted knockout mice and characterize
them using multifaceted methods including molecular and cellular
biology, in vitro and in vivo electrophysiology, confocal and two
photon microscopy and behavioral tasks.

20:20 Balkan musical mix by the Maxmaber Orchestra

queries; ebbs2007 at theoffice.it http://www.sissa.it/~ale/EBBS2007/