International Conference on 'Science for Cultural Heritage'

ICTP info point info_pt at ictp.it
Fri Jun 29 08:47:33 CEST 2007

       Tr
Trieste, June the 25th, 2007

CALL FOR PAPERS

International Conference on 'Science for Cultural Heritage'
Technological Innovation and Case Studies in Marine and Land Archaeology
in the Adriatic Region and Inland
August  28-31, 2007
Veli Lošinj, Croatia

	      Dear friend,
the newborn ECSAC (European Centre for Science Arts and Culture)
organizes the 7th Lussino International Conference entitled  “Science
for  Cultural  Heritage''  on  August 28-31, 2007.
	This event will be organized in collaboration with the Consortium for
Physics of Trieste University, ICTP (International Centre for
Theoretical Physics), UniAdrion, Trieste University, SISSA/ISAS and the
Italian Institute of Culture of Zagreb.
	The conference will focus on physics, and more generally 'hard
sciences', applied to archeology, art and other aspects of cultural
heritage. In compliance with ECSAC mission to bring together peoples of
the Adriatic and Ionian basin, activities and results of this
geographical area will be of particular interest. Another starting
point will be the ancient bronze Apoxyomenos found in 1999 in Veli
Lošinj waters and just reborn after conservation.
	We would like to invite you to present your recent work at the
Conference which would be enriched by your scientific contribution. On
http://users.ictp.it/~ecsac07  you will find more information and a
list of the sessions together with practical details.
	We would like to thank you in advance for your kind consideration and
we hope you will be able to join our initiative.
	         Yours sincerely,

Manuela MONTAGNARI, Marco BUDINICH and Claudio TUNIZ
(Directors  of the Conference)