Professor Gallieno Denardo

ICTP info point info_pt at ictp.it
Tue Jul 24 13:29:01 CEST 2007

To: All ICTP Community
From: K.R. Sreenivasan
Re: Professor Gallieno Denardo

I am deeply distressed to say that Gallieno Denardo died suddenly
yesterday from heart attack. In his death, Trieste has lost one of its
most decent citizens and ICTP has lost, forever, one of its most loyal
friends. For me personally it is a monumental loss: he was a trusted
colleague on whose deep knowledge and experience I had grown to depend.
This is not the time to say much more. All of us who have known him
share the sorrow of his immediate family, and will do anything possible
in this time of great need. Death is so unpredictable yet so final; it
drives home the point that we should all value friends when we are
fortunate to have them around.